How To Keep Flies Away From Your Restaurant
Flies are known as one of such pests that carry various microorganisms, which are the main cause of diseases like salmonella, e.coli, and shingles. When they sit on your food it is sure to get contaminated and poisonous. So, it is very important to take preventive measures to get rid of these flies. Especially, if you own a restaurant, then your reputation will be at risk if you do not take any serious steps. Here, are a few tips that will help you keep flies away from you restaurant.
1. Maintain Proper Hygienic Standards
One of the most important steps to take is to keep the restaurant tidy. Flies get attracted to an untidy environment and love lingering on food that is kept open in the air. So, it is important to maintain proper hygienic standards in your restaurant. This can be done by:
- regularly emptying the garbage cans,
- cleaning up spills immediately
- Use of bacterial cleanser to dissolve organic wastes
2. Keep Your Patio Dining Protected
If you offer patio dining to your customers, then cleaning it regularly is a necessity. To do so, you need to:
- properly cover the garbage cans placed at the outdoor with airtight lids
- clear the plates on the table as soon as possible
- wipe the table clean after every serving
- sweep the outdoor regularly and avoid standing water.
3. Install Wall-Mounted Fans
Wall-mounted fans blow out air that rid flies and other pests away from your restaurant. Before getting it installed, consult with an HVAC professional to check that your restaurant gets ample airflow. In other words, it is important to know that whenever the doors are open, the air should flow outside not into your restaurant.
4. Seal It Up
Not only the interiors but also the exteriors of your restaurant should be well protected from flies. Here, is what you need to do:
- check for cracks and crevices around the exterior of your restaurant, if any, seal them up as soon as possible
- you can also use weather stripping to seal the doors and windows
- install door sweeps that keep the entrance neat and clean
- set up fly traps in the storage area.
5. Call For A Pest Control
If your restaurant is infested with flies vigorously and you are not able to get rid of them using these above-mentioned steps, then calling a pest control service will be the best idea.Following these simple tips will help you serve your customers with delight. For further information on pest control and preventive measures, contact City Pest Control Inc.