In order to control and eliminate cockroaches, you would be required to hire professionals for this task. The professional pest control officer would surely provide you with a preparation list that needs to be completed prior their visit. A lack of preparation might turn out to be an unsafe treatment.
Here, are a Few Tips That Would Help you to Get Prepared For Cockroach Extermination.
- Clean your home prior to the visit and keep it as neatly as possible. This will help you to eliminate competing food sources for the insects. Hence, the cockroach would stick to the bait, instead of sticking on any food source.
- Cover and keep your food in airtight containers. You can also remove small appliances and other items from the countertops, for easily finding the roaches.
- Empty out all drawers and cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms, as well as other places where roaches have been observed. Empty out the cabinets and drawers above and below sinks. Allow access to the plumbing areas beneath and around sinks, etc.
- Store and cover baby toys, clothes as well as crib mattresses.
- Mop or scrub the kitchen floors and other hard floors with detergent. Also, vacuum the carpeted floors thoroughly.
- Vacuum up any visible roaches and eggs just prior the visit.
- Keep the garbage in a closed container and take out the garbage every night.
- Clean the refrigerator top, stove, and all movable appliances. Perfectly clean every bit and corners.
- Discard all excess paper products, and other piled up trashes as these are the areas where cockroach and other insects reproduce.
- Repair any water leaks immediately upon detection.
- Keep all the areas well accessible for the pest control officer.
- After the treatment, do not use any other chemicals or pest control products. They may interfere with the materials the pest professional used. Furthermore, do not wipe down the areas treated afterward, since it may remove the materials that are intended to provide ongoing control of the roaches.